Najafgarh is one of the three administrative sub-divisions of the South West District of Delhi. Najafgarh lies in between latitude 28°36' 45 N and longitude 76°59' 5 E.
Najafgarh was named after the Kiledar of the Mughal Dynasty Nazaf Khan. A small settlement of the mughal troops in its infancy. It now has the distinction of being one of the most populous electoral region in the National Capital Region of India. Najafgarh has about 70 villages bordering Haryana.
Actually all the administrative sub divisions of South West District of Delhi are composed of a group of villages. Najafgarh is surrounded the in all its sides by a number of important towns of Delhi.
In the southwestern part of Delhi, it is a mixture of Jat, Yadav, Punjabi, Baniya, Jain and Brahmin populations.
Najafgarh is surrounded by a lot of farm houses owned by celebrities or businessmen.
Points of interest
Mr. Maha Bal Mishra is the Member of Parliament from West Delhi.
Sh. Bharat Singh is the member of State Legislative Assembly.
The most famous personality of Najafgarh are :
1. Virender Sehwag - "Nawab of Najafgarh"
(Member of National Indian Cricket Team)
Virender Sehwag brought Najafgarh on the “World Map” who is former captain and currently a member of the national cricket team of India.
2. The Indian wrestler, Sushil Kumar, who has won an Olympic Medal for Wrestling, also belongs to the locality.
The Most Famous Location in Najafgarh :
- JAWAHAR CHOWK known for its wholesale and retail market, which caters to more than 200 villages around it.
- Som Bazar known for its Monday footpath market, which caters to more than 200 villages around it.
- Najafgarh Grain Market : It has the second largest food grain market, after Narela, in Delhi.
- Delhi Gate: It also has the famous Dilli Darwaja meaning gate to Delhi.
- Kashmiri Colony is located on the outskirts of Najafgarh. It mostly houses the Kashmiri migrants who settled here due to militancy in Kashmir valley.
- The latest sub-city Dwarka City is closely attached to Najafgarh. Only 10-minute drive (3 km away).
- Jhatikara More: There are lot of farm houses owned by celebrities or businessmen.
Several religious/ meditation centres are located in and around Najafgarh.
- Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
It is located on the Najafgarh–Tilak Nagar Road. A large number of devotees visit here from almost all the parts of Western Delhi.
- Saint Baba Haridas
It also includes a Holy Place of Hindu Saint Baba Haridas, Near CRPF Group Centre in Jharoda Kalan.
- Osho Dham
- Anand Dham
Ashram of Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj at Bakkarwala.
- Pawa Puri
- Radha Swami Sant Sang Bhawan
- Dada Budha Temple (Gharoi)
Dada Budha Mandir from the time of Mahabaratha. Dada Budha (veer Ghatothkuch) with sitting postchur near holy pond named Gharoi. Dhansa Village is last village in south-west Distic delhi. At the Gharoi you get a pleasant look, a divine peace of mind. Here you find a great scenery.
- Raghunath Mandir
- Thakur Dwara Radha Krishan Mandir
- Krishan Mandir
Direct bus service to most of the important places in Delhi like:
- Direct bus in every 10 min to gurgaon.
- Direct bus to Tilak Nagar.(817,827,835 etc.)
- Direct bus to Nehru Place.(764)
- Metro is 3 km away from Najafgarh.(Dwarka more)
- Direct service to Nagloi.(539)
- Direct bus to Inderlok.(817)
- Direct bus to Safdurjung.(578)
- Direct bus to Azadpur.(978)
- Direct bus to Old Delhi Railway Station.(923)
- Indira Gandhi International Airport N.Delhi Only 15 Minutes Drive.(7km away)
- Safdarjung Airport Delhi 40 minutes drive.
So, Najafgarh is connected by five roads from adjoining towns viz Bahadurgarh, Rohtak Road via Dichaon Kalan, Nangloi, Old Delhi via Tilak Nagar, Gurgaon and Jhajjar (3 in Delhi, 2 in haryana).
To find DTC bus routes, click below link:-
Education in Najafgarh & Neighbourhood
List of Govt. School in Najafgarh & Neighbourhood
List of I.T.I./Polytechnic under Delhi Govt. in Najafgarh & Neighbourhood
- Vision Colony (Near Kali Piou)
- Arjun Park
- Ajay Park
- Deepak Vihar
- Roshan Vihar
- SANGAM VIHAR (3.0 Km from DWARKA METRO STATION)
- Durga vihar,I,II,III
- Baba Haridas Geetanjali Enclave near PVC Market (Behind Beri Technical Institute)
- Jharodha Kalan.
- Saraswati Enclave
- Laxmi Garden
- Metro vihar(behind Delhi metro depot)
- Shyam Vihar Khaira Road (Near Yadav Bahawan)
- Nanda Enclave
- Naveen Place (Bengali colony)
- New Roshan Pura
- Naya Bazar
- Ajay Park
- Sai Baba Enclave
- Prem Nagar
- Qutub Vihar
- Dharam Pura
- Nangli Dairy
- Nangli Sakrawti
- Dindarpur Extn.Colony,Near Deenpur
- Shyam Vihar
- Rana Ji Enclave
- Kashmiri Colony
- Prem Nagar
- Krishna Vihar (West)
- Krishna Vihar (East)
- Gopal Nagar
- Baba Haridas nagar
- Laxmi Vihar (Near D K Depot)
- Anand Niketan Laxmi Vihar
- Dichaon Enclave
- Janta vihar
- Shiv nagar
- Gopal Park
- baba haridas colony
- Shiv Enclave, (Block-A-D)
- Roshan Pura (0.4 km)
- Khaira (1.2 km)
- Dindarpur Extn (1.5 km)
- Dichaon Kalan (1.6 km)
- Baprola (3.0 km)
- Mitraon (4.0 km)
- kane kharkhari(4.3 km)
- Jharoda Kalan (5.0 km)
- Surakhpur (5.3 km)
- kharkhari jatmal (5.3 km)
- Goyla (5.5 km)
- Surhera (6.0 km)
- Chhawla (6.0 km)
- Kair(7 km)
- Kharkhari rondh (10 km approx.)
- Ghummanhera (11 km)
- Hasanpur (11.0 km)
- Ujwa (11.0 km)
- Malik pur (13.0 km)
- Sarangpur (17.0 km)
- Bakkarwala and Mundka